Saturday, September 21, 2013

An Introduction to Grizzly Details

I have kicked around the idea of starting a blog for quite some time. I have not done so to this point because I am not sure I have anything to say that anyone would care to read. We will see where this goes, if anywhere. I wanted to start with an introductory post. Who am I? Why am I here? What is the point of all this? This is my attempt to answer some of those questions, and perhaps others.

Let me start by explaining the name for this blog. I am a large man. I am above average in height, and I am substantially obese. Couple this with the fact that my first name is frequently associated with bears, and it becomes clear why they are the animal with which I have identified. I fancy myself a grizzly bear, minus the body hair, brute strength, ferocity, and keen sense of smell. I have attempted to self-apply the nickname “Grizzly”, but have been unsuccessful at every turn. Perhaps this blog will do the trick. Also, the intent is to discuss the details of my life; therefore “Grizzly Details”.AF964A10-6FCA-4A95-851D-D352F2C989D2-2013-09-21-12-34.jpegNow what do I mean by “details of my life”? Well, I plan to talk about what I have for breakfast on a daily basis, the things that happen while I am at work, and how I feel when I go to bed at night. Okay, that is not true. I plan to talk about the general details of life that I find interesting or important. Some may be controversial; some may be insignificant. I hope that the things I say will at least prompt anyone who reads it to do some thinking. Topics that I am likely to cover are things like computers and technology, sports, music, television and movies, books, popular culture, current events, education, religion, politics, and food.Please feel free to provide feedback via the comments section. I have always enjoyed the idea of sparking debate, or at least conversation. Thank you for taking the time to read this. I hope to provide more soon.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment